Sustainable Vision Jasna Chalet Resort
Jasna Chalet Resort was opened in 2019 and offers complete relaxation in the most prestigious location by Lake Jasna.
We are committed to complete sustainability. The facility was sustainably renovated, and the renovation included recycling existing natural materials, insulating the facility with local sheep wool, and heating with glacial water. As a result, our CO2 footprint is minimal. Landscaping is a sustainable 15-year project in cooperation with the Botanical Garden in Ljubljana, directed by a house landscaper.
During our operation, we have received many awards that show the quality of our work and at the same time raise the expectations of our guests very high.
In the opening year of 2019, Jasna Chalet Resort was awarded for its outstanding contribution to the development of sustainable tourism in Slovenia, and in 2020 the finalist of the most prestigious award SEJALEC for the most innovative tourist products in Slovenia.
We encourage guests and employees to think and be aware of the importance of sustainability. According to higher standards, we take care of health safety, prevention and hygiene. We were among the first to completely bio-disinfect with ozone after each stay of our accommodation.
Jasna’s location is an ideal starting point for hikes or excursions with electric mountain bikes, which are also available with us.
Sustainable strategy is visually communicated throughout the building through inscriptions – it encourages active participation and the realization of set goals and measures, and invites to spread the idea of sustainable vision of Jasna Chalet Resort.
Jasna Chalet Resort’s sustainable vision consists of four areas – management, supply chains, the environment and the community.
Jasna Chalet Resort strives to remain an example in the field of reducing environmental impacts arising from tourism and to make a positive contribution to solving the environmental issues of sustainable tourism.
Jasna Chalet Resort is an example of how to transform the past of a building with an appropriate approach into an inspiring success story. In our day-to-day operations, we are guided by environmental, social and economic responsibility to our guests, employees and the local community.
We are considering how to optimally reduce the negative impacts on the environment, energy and water consumption.
We encourage guests and employees to work in accordance with sustainable solutions and help spread environmental awareness.
- We regularly monitor water consumption, where we identify major deviations with the staff and determine the necessary measures to reduce consumption.
- We encourage guests and employees to use water sparingly with signs around apartments and buildings and through direct communication.
- Employees regularly inspect the condition of apartments and other public areas. In case of leaks or other irregularities in the plumbing system, we respond quickly and fix the problems.
- Energy-saving LED lamps are installed throughout the building. We installed sensors for automatic switching on and off of lights in the corridors of the apartments.
- We encourage guests and employees to turn off the lights and handle heating responsibly with signs around the rooms and direct communication.
- We regularly monitor various energy sources, where we identify major deviations with the staff and determine the necessary measures to reduce consumption.
- Replace non-functioning electrical appliances with energy-saving ones if repairs are not possible or not feasible. In case of damage to electrical devices, check the possibility of repair. If it turns out to be ineffective, we decide to buy an energy-saving replacement device. For larger energy consumers, we provide regular preventive inspections, thus ensuring continuous optimal operation.
Responsible waste management
- Guests and employees at various points around the building are encouraged to properly separate waste with signs next to separation bins installed in apartments and public areas. Appropriate separation in other places (bar, kitchen) is provided by the staff.
- When purchasing materials for catering, we choose sustainable packaging, we prefer bottles, barrels, aluminum portable cups and paper coffee pots, and we avoid smaller packaging and plastics in general.
- Waste oils and food that does not belong to the collection of surplus food to the competent charity are collected in Bio tera.
- The competent waste disposal company takes care of proper disposal and further processing.
- Waste batteries, printer cartridges and other waste that does not belong to the general separation scheme are separated into containers installed for this purpose and, if necessary, disposed of in appropriate landfills.
- We have included a large part of ecological cleaners with ecological dosing, which directly measures the amount of required cleaners to the staff.
- In everyday business, we use paperless communications (e-mail, the web and other communication channels) as much as possible. We use 100% recycled office, toilet and toilet paper.
Community (employees / human rights / local community)
With local providers in mind, we promote local products, services and experiences among our guests, thus actively contributing to their successful business.
We choose the best local products and services for our guests, giving guests a unique experience with a local touch. We share with guests:
- locally grown food and drink
- a unique opportunity to access tap water
- enthusiasm for more environmentally friendly means of transport and hiking; we encourage them to explore the surroundings on foot or by bike
- information on local providers of excursions and activities in Kranjska Gora and Slovenia.
Employees take care of the realization of the basic vision of Jasna Chalet Resort, so we responsibly manage the personnel policy:
- by careful selection of all new employees and students
- regular amendments to labor standards, which enable all employees to work according to the same norms
- by targeted management and motivation of employees
- by mutually fulfilling agreed rights and duties
Our goal is to hire the best team and ensure fair pay for the work done.
We are aware of the importance of a carefree and safe childhood, so we financially help children in the Godfatherhood project for a better future for children.
Supply Chains (guests / suppliers)
When choosing suppliers, we take into account the set sustainable goals and select quality suppliers of products and services from the local environment, thus contributing to the reduction of negative environmental impacts. We offer guests the opportunity to taste locally grown food in their daily offer. At all levels, we encourage them to manage waste responsibly and save money.
Objectives and planned activities for the realization of a sustainable vision
Jasna Chalet Resort will become an example in the field of reducing environmental impacts arising from tourism activities and will positively contribute to solving the environmental issues of sustainable tourism. With its visibility, it will spread and strengthen awareness of the importance of a well-thought-out environmental policy at home and beyond.
When planning activities, we will:
- harmonize operations with the principles and laws of environmental protection,
- establish a control system and monitor the implementation of tasks and the progress of efforts to protect the environment,
- educate and train employees to implement sustainable development commitments and motivate them to implement them,
- Inform guests about our efforts to protect the environment and actively involve them in the implementation of our mission.
- Raising awareness will reduce water consumption per night per guest by 5% within two years.
- We will reduce the consumption of energy sources per guest per night by 5% in the first year.
- We will consistently separate waste and reduce the amount of mixed municipal waste by 10% in the first year.
- We will continue to cooperate with local suppliers and increase the purchase of locally produced food and beverages by 5% per year.
- With the promotion of sustainable modes of transport, we will increase bicycle rental by 20% and continue with the promotion of bicycles (when booking three or more nights, guests can rent bicycles for 4 hours free of charge)
- By increasing paperless business and advertising through spreadsheets, we will reduce the printing of materials and paper consumption.
- As part of regular internal training, we will carry out a sustainable development workshop with our employees and collectively supplement the garden by making a vegetable or herb garden.